Kernel driver i2c-via¶
- Supported adapters:
- VIA Technologies, InC. VT82C586B Datasheet: Publicly available at the VIA website
Author: Kyösti Mälkki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
i2c-via is an i2c bus driver for motherboards with VIA chipset.
- The following VIA pci chipsets are supported:
- MVP3, VP3, VP2/97, VPX/97
- others with South bridge VT82C586B
lspci listing must show this
Bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586B ACPI (rev 10)
- You have VT82C586B on the motherboard, but not in the listing.
- Go to your BIOS setup, section PCI devices or similar. Turn USB support on, and try again.
- No error messages, but still i2c doesn’t seem to work.
- This can happen. This driver uses the pins VIA recommends in their datasheets, but there are several ways the motherboard manufacturer can actually wire the lines.