pblk: Physical Block Device Target¶
pblk implements a fully associative, host-based FTL that exposes a traditional block I/O interface. Its primary responsibilities are:
- Map logical addresses onto physical addresses (4KB granularity) in a logical-to-physical (L2P) table.
- Maintain the integrity and consistency of the L2P table as well as its recovery from normal tear down and power outage.
- Deal with controller- and media-specific constrains.
- Handle I/O errors.
- Implement garbage collection.
- Maintain consistency across the I/O stack during synchronization points.
For more information please refer to:
which maintains updated FAQs, manual pages, technical documentation, tools, contacts, etc.