Working with the kernel development community¶
So you want to be a Linux kernel developer? Welcome! While there is a lot to be learned about the kernel in a technical sense, it is also important to learn about how our community works. Reading these documents will make it much easier for you to get your changes merged with a minimum of trouble.
Below are the essential guides that every developer should read.
Other guides to the community that are of interest to most developers are:
- Minimal requirements to compile the Kernel
- Submitting Drivers For The Linux Kernel
- The Linux Kernel Driver Interface
- Linux kernel management style
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Linux -stable releases
- Linux Kernel patch submission checklist
- Index of Documentation for People Interested in Writing and/or Understanding the Linux Kernel
These are some overall technical guides that have been put here for now for lack of a better place.